I, of course, found this recipe on Pinterest and it was super yummy. I altered it a tad due to ingredients and timing.
Parmesan Vegetable Soup (I renamed it because I felt the other title did not do it justice)
2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
1 cup finely diced celery
1 cup finely diced carrots
1 cup finely diced onions
1/4 cup fresh basil
4 cups chicken broth
½ cup flour
1 cup Parmesan cheese
½ cup butter
2 cups half and half, warmed
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
- Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, chicken broth, onions, oregano, basil to a large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-7 hours, until flavors are blended and vegetables are soft.
- About an hour before serving prepare a roux. Melt butter over low heat in a skillet and add flour. Stir constantly with a whisk for 5-7 minutes. Slowly stir in 1 cup hot soup. Add another 3 cups and stir until smooth. Add all back into the slow cooker.
- Stir and add the Parmesan cheese, warmed half and half, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for another hour until ready to serve.
I also made my all time favorite cookies again. So super yummy!