Disclaimer: the images on the original site look a heck of a lot more appetizing!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup to 1 1/3 cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter.
- Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Add egg (beaten) and vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
- Mix in 2/3 cup M&M's.
- Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle 1/3 to 2/3 cup M&M's on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- I tripled this recipe which filled a 9x9 and 9x13 pan -