I apologize for the horrible iPhone photos :)
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomato dressing, divided (I used a Wishbone Bruchetta Italian Dressing)
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Place a large sheet of heavy-duty foil over half of grill grate; heat grill to medium heat.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic
bag. Add 1/4 cup dressing and seal bag. Turn bag over several times to
evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Remove chicken from bag; discard bag and dressing.
Grill chicken on uncovered side of grill for about 6 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/4 dressing, tomatoes, cheese and basil.
Turn the chicken over and place cooked-side up, on foil on the grill.
- Top with tomato mixture. Grill 8 minutes or until chicken is done.
BLT Salad Recipe
- 6 bread slices, cubed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6 thick applewood-smoked bacon slices, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 (5-oz.) package arugula
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Drizzle bread with oil; sprinkle with
1/2 tsp. each kosher salt and pepper. Bake bread in a single layer in a
jelly-roll pan 12 minutes or until golden.
Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels; reserve 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
- Sauté onion in hot drippings over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Smash garlic to make a paste. Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic paste, and remaining 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper.
- Toss together tomatoes, arugula, bacon, onion, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Pour mayonnaise mixture over tomato mixture, and toss to coat. Serve immediately with toasted bread.