Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Laundry Room

In honor of house anniversary week, here is a glimpse at the semi-finished laundry room.

I went with a mint color when choosing my wall color because I wanted bright and cheery. You need a little happiness when doing my least favorite chore :)

Isn't this disgusting? Here is what the room looked like during our first visit. The beautiful liveable pebble patterned linoleum needed a serious scrub.

We utilized the already installed shelves for storage (and now I notice the little dip in the middle... oops). This is perfect for the dog towels, vases, laundry items, etc.

A little artwork and chalkboard for family messages.

We are planning on adding a counter for a folding area as well. In case you were wondering the floor is the same tile as the half bath (hexagonal tile)

The artwork is similar to something I saw on Pinterest and loved. They say "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Georgia on My Mind"

Sources:
Washer/Dryer - gift
Cloth bins - Target
Chalkboard - yard sale (Mom found the painting and we covered with chalkboard paint)
Artwork - Created by me
Frames - Target


No comments:

Post a Comment