Monday, April 15, 2013

Masters Meal

Yesterday we honored Masters Sunday with a little Master meal of our own, Pimento Cheese Sandwiches and a salad from the Green Jacket Restaurant in Augusta. It was a close second to actually being there :)


Pimento Cheese
  • Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • Mayo
  • Pimentos (diced)
  • Worcestershire
  • Hot Sauce (Tabasco or any kind)
Like the great recipe sharer that I am, I don't use exact measurements. I started with 4 cups of cheese and added the other ingredients until I got the consistency for my liking.

Green Jacket Salad
Adapted from original recipe here
  • Iceberg lettuce (I used the bagged lettuce)
  • Croutons
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 4 tbsp. olive oil
  • 6 tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • 2 tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt
  • 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp. red pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Mix together lettuce, croutons and cheese. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients for the dressing.

Add dressing to lettuce mixture and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment