Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Easy Eggs Benedict

I love Eggs Benedict! So logically I made these for Aaron this past weekend. Feel kind of guilty now when I put it that way. They were good even if I did cook these for me. I have never poached eggs so I found an easy alternative to this otherwise tricky dish.


- This recipe serves 2 people-

Ingredients
4 slices of ham
2 Wheat English Muffins
4 Large Eggs
Hollandaise Sauce Mix
Milk
Butter
Vinegar
Salt
Pepper

Directions
  • Preheat your oven to 450; Arrange the English muffins and ham on a foil lined baking sheet; Bake for 10 minutes or until toasted
  •  Mix your Hollandaise sauce according to the package directions (Mine called for milk and butter)
  •  Mix 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 tsp of vinegar in small bowl; crack your egg as close to the water mixture as possible; Cover with microwave safe plate; Cook for 45 seconds; Remove egg with slotted spoon and set aside; Repeat with all four eggs
  • Arrange English muffins on plate and top with ham; cover with egg, hollandaise sauce and a dash of salt & pepper; heat in microwave if needed

Original Recipe

1 comment:

  1. I am the biggest fan of Eggs Benedict, but have never tried to make it. The recipe sounds delicious...have to try at the beach this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete