- 1 pkg. Devil’s Food Cake
- 1 c confectioners’ sugar
- 1 c peanut butter
- 5 tbsp butter (at room temp)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Prepare cake as directed on box using two 9″ cake pans; Let cool.
- Mix confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in a bowl; Mix on medium-low speed until creamy.
- Place one cake layer on the serving plate. Spread peanut butter frosting on top of the cake layer. Sprinkle with chopped Reese's cups.
- Place the second cake layer on top of the frosting. Frost the top and outside of the cake with remaining peanut butter frosting. Decorate with chopped Reese’s cups.
Adapted from original recipe: link