I apologize in advance for the lack of measurements. I like to wing it when I cook so it is really up to your preference.
Conecuh Sausage (this makes it spicy so beware)
1 Red Pepper
1/2 Purple Onion
Clove of Garlic
- Sweat onions and peppers on stovetop.
- Sear sausage and add crushed garlic clove. After sausage is paritally cooked, add shrimp and cover. After 4-5 minutes, add chicken stock and partially cover.
- Once shrimp has pinkened, remove some of the mixture. Add a sprinkle of flour to sauce. Mix with a pinch each of salt & pepper.
- Cook grits according to package, substituting chicken stock for water. When the grits are almost cooked, add butter and cheese (amounts to your liking).
- Prepare grits in bowl and scoop shrimp mixture on top. Enjoy!
Original recipe: Pawleys Island Posh