Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cucumber-Basil Dressing

With a short week, I wanted a foul-proof lunch. The latest issue of Southern Living had some great recipes so naturally I couldn't resist making one. 

As a Southerner, I love tomatoes. I love an easy tomato sandwich with mayo, bread and fresh tomatoes. My current favorite are heirloom tomatoes, which are perfect for lunch.



Ingredients (I made a 1/3 of what this calls for)
  • 4 c peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced cucumbers  
  • 2 tsp salt  
  • 1 1/2 c Greek yogurt  
  • 1 1/2 c Mayo 
  • 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped  
  • 1 tbsp garlic, pressed 
  • 1/2 c fresh basil, chopped  
  • 1/2 c whole buttermilk  
  • 1/4 c lemon juice 
  • 1 tbsp sugar  
  • 1/2 tsp salt  
  • 1/2 tsp ground pepper
Directions
  • Toss together cucumbers and salt (first two ingredients); Drain in a colander 30 minutes. 
  • Whisk together yogurt and remaining ingredients; Stir in cucumbers; let stand 30 minutes. 
  • Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Original Recipe - Link

No comments:

Post a Comment