If you follow me on Instagram, you saw my intense baking session last weekend. The Hubs helped me bake 72 cupcakes for a work competition. Our team won with this precious S'more Cupcakes.
I recommend sticking the 24 cupcake number as opposed to feeding a football team like I did!
S’more Cupcakes - Makes 24 cupcakes
1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
¼ cup sugar
5 tbsp. butter, melted
1 box chocolate cake mix, used Duncan Hines Devils Food Mix
1 package (3.4 oz) chocolate instant pudding mix
1 ¼ cups milk
½ cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 full sized Hershey’s chocolate bars (1.55 oz each)
Marshmallow Buttercream (see below)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Drop tbsp. amount of graham cracker mixture into each liner and press down to form crust.
- Bake crust for 4-5 minutes and transfer to wire rack.
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large mixer bowl. Blend on low speed for 1 minute to mix ingredients. Scrape down sides.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes.
- Pour into cupcake liners, on top of graham crusts.
- Bake according to time on back of cake mix box (approximately 18-21 minutes) or until set. Set aside.
- Break Hershey's bars into small pieces and melt on stovetop over boiling water. Stir until melted.
- Spoon a tbsp. amount of chocolate on top of each cupcake, spreading to cover.
- Chill cupcakes in fridge until chocolate is set.
- Mix together Marshmallow Buttercream (recipe below).
- When chocolate is set, frost cupcakes (or frost before serving)
- Top frosted cupcakes with desired amount of marshmallows. Brown marshmallow tops with cooking torch.
Marshmallow Buttercream½ cup butter, room temp.
1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp. milk
- Mix butter and Fluff until smooth on medium speed until smooth.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar with mixer on low.
- Add in milk and turn speed up to medium and mix until all combined and smooth.