Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A New Year

A year ago today I found out I was pregnant. I was in total shock but couldn't wait to share the news with Hubs.

As I sit here and type, our little Miss Mary Tilman is napping in her crib. I now understand how time flies. I can't believe I have an almost four month old. I can't believe I am a mom. I can't believe it has already been an year.

While 2014 has brought more joy than I imagined it has also brought a few life lessons:
  •  Be present - The emails, phone calls and social media can wait. They can wait until after bedtime or they can wait until another day. Each day is a new one with new experiences. I don't want to look back and miss a big, or even a small, moment.
  • Quality not Quantity - As I have gotten older I have learned to truly embrace and love good friends. You know those deep meaningful relationships that only grow stronger as times change. I am blessed to have continuing childhood and college friendships that mean so much to me. 
  • Accept Help - My biggest flaw is not accepting help. I don't know how to gracefully say I need help, in both my work and personal life. I will forgo sleep, meals or me time just to get things done. It actually happened last night but I finally realized that asking for help doesn't make me a lesser person, it just makes me human. A cooked meal or a clean house provided by someone else is okay every once in a while and gives me some time to just relax and breathe a little.
  • Do You - As I have gotten older, I have come to know myself and my limitations. I have also learned to be true to myself. No person or situation is worth regretting a change you don't want to make. I believe you have to be at peace with decisions and you can only do that if you are truly you.

Cheers to 2015 and all the exciting things ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment