Monday, April 13, 2015

Lilly hits the Target

If you didn't already know, Target has teamed up with Lilly Pulitzer for a new collaboration, launching this Sunday, 4/19. It is no secret that Target could be my favorite store, as strange as that sounds. Where else can I buy diapers, a bathing suit and a gold end table all under the same roof?

When it comes to Target collaborations, crazy people come out. I literally saw one lady clean the shelf during the Missoni launch a few years ago. You know she was just going to sell that stuff on eBay and make a 200% profit.

What I am about to say may shock some people... I don't own an ounce of Lilly Pulitzer clothes... shocking I know! I have some precious wine glasses I got from my sister-in-law for Christmas but not one bit of clothing. Maybe being in a sorority crammed as many bright floral prints into four years as humanly possible, so I ran away as fast as I could from anything remotely resembling a spring patterned shift. It could also be that 45% of my closet consists of black (season regardless) and I usually dart from anything printed instantly.

But, I have come to embrace the bright florals frocks and this new Target collaboration has me plotting my shopping plan (which I just so happen to be at a bachelorette party this weekend so I will most likely be awake during the online launch). So if you see my sporting my Lilly this summer, you know that A) it probably came from Target and B) I have finally learned to embrace color!



View all the styles here.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any Lilly for myself either. I have a hard time with the loud prints. But man do I love it on little girls. There is nothing sweeter. Once you see that sweet bloomer set on her, you won't go back. You've been warned.

    ReplyDelete