Thursday, April 2, 2015

Making Baby Food

So I want to start this post by saying I never thought I would be "that mom". I said I would never shop at Whole Foods just to buy organic when we had kids... well that is a lie.

My amazing co-workers gave me a Beaba Babycook and it is awesome! I love the fact that I only have one container to clean and can leave it, forget it while cooking. This thing steams and purees your food in the same bowl. Once done, I scoop into freezer trays and then bag them once frozen. I typically make several days worth so I don't have to worry about it later. Think two weeks of food made in one day! The cost is definitely a benefit as well. Even though I buy organic, we can probably feed Mary Tilman a week's worth of food for around $5 - $8.

For these early foods, I have made the purees quite smooth but am gradually working towards larger pieces. We are also mixing her fruits and veggies which seems to make green beans/peas a little more appealing to Miss Priss.



Mary Tilman turns 7 months old on Saturday and we have already tried lots of food (tummy willing).

Here is the list:
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Green Beans
  • Butternut Squash
  • Peas
  • Carrots
  • Yellow Squash - cooked but haven't tried
  • Apples
  • Pears
  • Yogurt
  • Blueberries
  • Bananas
  • Avocado
If you have any other suggestions on foods to try, please share!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many people say they love making their own baby food! Such a plus that you can make so much in just one day and it's great for the little one!

    ReplyDelete