Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Weekend Getaway

Who doesn't need a weekend away every once and a while to recharge. I know this mommy does!

The great thing about Atlanta is it is pretty close to lots of great getaways. While the beach is a little far there are still come great options within a few hours drive. (If you don't know, I hate riding in a car.... like hate it).


Serenbe - This little hidden gem is located south of Atlanta; known for it's eco-friendly, sustainable living, it's solitude and serenity just scream "let me be". I mean, I think know I could relax here.

Blue Ridge - I love that the mountains are so close to Atlanta but seem like a world away. While I love Highlands, NC, Blue Ridge offers the same peace and sometimes offers a little cheaper price point (note: I thought these VRBO pictures looked cute but I haven't stayed at this rental; I am a rental picture snob.)

Barnsley Gardens - Aaron and I stopped here on our way back from the mountains one time and it is precious...an old plantation turned luxury resort. I love that you rent cottages opposed to staying in a lodge and the activities options are a plenty. The dudes go quail hunting and the ladies go spa-ing!

Reynolds Plantation at Lake Oconee - Give me a Ritz quality location and throw in lake scenery... I am sold!

Sea Island - The hubs and I ate lunch here with friends a few NYE's ago and fell in love. While it has a hefty price tag, it is apparently the place to go if you have an ATL address. Luckily it appears on my fav, Luxury Link, from time to time so it only stings the wallet slightly.

Chateau Elan - Aaron stayed here for a conference a few years back but we have yet to do a couples trip. I mean they have a winery... what is not to love about wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment