Thursday, July 9, 2015

Randoms

This week has been a tough week due to some personal things. Throughout these past few years, I would say I have done a lot of growing and self-reflection. I know what I am and what I am not, my strengths and my weaknesses. One thing that I will not bow down on is staying true to myself. One of my biggest flaws is being a push-over. I have also come to realize (with my ripe old age) that there will always be those people that want to tear you down. While these events have been hard, I have tried to stay positive and find the best in the situation.

On a MUCH lighter note (no pun intended), I am going on a personal endeavor to lose some weight. While I have been down to my pre-pregnancy weight since last October, I am just not happy with where I am. The hardest part is finding the time to actually do it. If I do it after work, I miss time with my daughter... If I do it before work, I miss time helping to get out the door on time.... If I do it at night, I miss out on time with the hubs. The balance will never be easy so I am trying to make the time with no excuses (maybe having it in writing will help).

The Nordstrom anniversary sale is on and it makes me yearn for cooler temps. I love the fall and all the sweaters that come with it. Throw in a pumpkin spice latte and I am your typical white girl! If I had a Nordstrom card and could shop early, I would snatch up this poncho and pumps.


Mommas out there: Does your kid hate the car like mine? Mary Tilman is truly a sweet, sweet baby but the unhappiness and water works start anytime we are in the car for more than an hour. I think it is part boredom and part she just wants out AND NOW! I sit in the back with her full of snacks, games, apps, you name it. Nothing seems to work. Any advice?


No comments:

Post a Comment