Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wednesday Words

As cheeky as the above quote can be, it hits home this week. As I look at growing this new business of my mine, I instantly race to compare myself to other entrepreneurs that are three-plus years old. They have more followers, more inventory, more sales. They seem to have the perfect life, being able to devote their complete attention on growing their business. 

Saying this, we compare ourselves all the time. What if I had her legs or wardrobe? What if I drove that car or my house had that many square feet? Or gosh I would love a vacation home there! We constantly strive to have something bigger and better.

As of January 1st, my only goal was to be content. This is probably the hardest resolution yet. I constantly have to remind myself that my life is pretty darn awesome before I go down the road of envy. I am lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing people in my life and blessed beyond belief with the opportunities I have been given.

Gosh I am getting sappy, deep lately but I think contentment is a resolution we can all get behind in the virtual world we are surrounded by these days.


1 comment:

  1. Julie - "Comparison is the thief of joy". This is something we all struggle with (especially as mommas). I have a post it note with this saying stuck to my desk. It is a huge help for me to remember that whenever I start down the comparison road. Love you! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete