Monday, May 23, 2016

Master{ing} the Bath

Our master bath is complete! Can I get a hallelujah?

Here are the horrendous before shots taken during our inspection day. I would like to mention we painted before move-in and installed new carpet. There were some funky stains that made me question a few things.
 
The bathroom tile was in great shape, it was just dull. Saying that we spent four years with it so I would say it worked just fine.
 
Now to the pretty pics...This beast of an undertaking was not the most fun project, due to a not-so-great crew. I won't dwell on it but our contractor, who we have used for three other house projects, was a complete disappointment. The project was delayed every step of the way and done quite hap-haphazardly.

But I am happy to reveal a finished and vast improvement to the before photos.

We went with white cabinets to keep it consistent throughout the house but the new taller height is wonderful. The countertop is quartz although it was not our first choice (another story for another day) I am quite pleased with it. 

Regretting my poor photo quality, the floors are a long marble which really make the room seem a lot bigger. We also put in a pocket door which helps with the illusion of more space.
We kept the original tub because honestly they don't make them like they used to but redid everything else. New marble subway tile, new toilet, everything. 

Doesn't it feel good to get a job complete!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome!! Y'all should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete