Saying all that, I thought it would be fun to do a little question and answer session (Natalie - I definitely
1. What is your favorite food?
Oh goodness, I love any kind of food and am always up to try new things. Although, my favorite is Mexican and the strip mall kind, not the fancy schmacy stuff. I like a low-key meal with a good margarita and even better cheese dip. The hubs snagged a cheap date.
2. If you had to choose, flip flops or high heels?
Both - Flip flops are my go-to on the weekend but I love a good high heel every now and then.
3. Where are your favorite places to shop for yourself?
Loft, J. Crew, Banana Republic, Nordstrom - I like good quality clothes but for a reasonable price
4. What scares you?
Heights. I can easily have a panic attack when just thinking about something really high off the ground, although I love flying... weird.
5. When is the last time you cried?
Thinking about how big my little one is getting. Time is so fleeting and I just want to freeze these moments a little longer.
6. Which one: DIY or hire it out?
Hire it out - We have DIY-ed 90% of our house and while I am proud, the cost of invaluable time is not worth it anymore. Why spend a weekend on an entire project when weekends are all I get for family time?
7. What are your favorite TV shows?
I rarely watch shows when they actually air but I catch up on these when I can (I keep my TV standards low) - Southern Charm, Scandal, Modern Family, Real Housewives. I also love a good murder mystery like Dateline.
8. What is your favorite book?
I don't really have a favorite but love to read anything from a beach book to a murder mystery.
9. What is your favorite form of exercising?
Who has time for that? Kidding... kind of. I have been trying to make running a priority because it is 30 minutes of me-time and gets me out for some fresh air.
10. How tall are you?
11. Do you consider yourself adventurous?
No. If given time to think about something, I will always find a way to talk myself out. However, a spontaneous trip away sounds appealing from time to time... I know, living on the edge.
12. What is one make-up item you can't live without?
13. What is on your nightstand?
Books, magazines, glasses, cell phone
14. What is one thing motherhood has taught you?
There are way more than one - Gratitude, Patience, Contentment, Love - in the most selfless way possible.
15. What is your favorite music?
Depends on the mood - Right now I am on a country kick but when I work out, rap all the way. I also love John Mayer, Dave Matthews, really you name it.
16. If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city where would you live?
Back home in Alabama. I think living in the city makes you appreciate the slower pace of life once in a while.
17. Tell us something about you we might not know:
Only my family knows this but I H.A.T.E. the word "moist". It literally makes me gag every time I hear it. I can't explain it but that word just gives me the creeps even typing it out.
18. What is your favorite quote?
"Sing like no one is listening. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Dance like nobody’s watching, and live like it’s heaven on earth."
19. Do you consider yourself a morning person or night owl?
20. You've been handed two free round-trip tickets, who are you taking and where are you going?
Of course the hubs and definitely Egypt, which is at the top of my bucket-list. I have had a weird fascination since childhood and always wanted to go explore the pyramids for myself.