Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wednesday Words

Maybe it is starting a business or maybe it was having a little girl or maybe, just maybe, it is all part of growing up but I feel like I have done some serious reflecting this past year. 

What do I want out of life? 
Where do I want to be? 
What do I want to do? 
Who do I want there with me?  

As you get older you are reminded of pain, heartache and loss. You are reminded time is the most precious thing and whether rich or poor, it is not guaranteed. You are reminded each day truly adds up to those memories and decisions that make you, yet you are also reminded of the fleeting notion that is time as well.

Looking at this quote, I have always been a people-pleaser. Saying yes is way easier than saying no and taking those potential repercussions with it. While sometimes positive, being a people-pleaser means you lose yourself a little. You lose your power, your spunk, your opinion. I think as women we are taught to say yes and please everyone. As much as my little toddler says no (and irritates me to no end with that word), I secretly love her spit-fire attitude to definitively tell me what she wants. I think we should be taught it is okay to say no but tell us why. It is okay to tell someone you are upset with them, but tell them why. It is perfectly fine to say I am over it, but here is why. The why is really the answer to our no, or even our yes.

With a birthday next month, my new notion is no. No in order to say yes to the things, people and places that I love. No for all the great things that will come my way with time.

To sum up this massive ramblingStay true, Be you, and the rest will fall into place. Hoping to remember this the next time I feel lost and needing to find my way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment