Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Contentment


Sometimes, I look at my toddler and am in awe how she can never sit still. She goes from one activity to the next at lightening speed, never really savoring each moment. I look at her and see me. 

I can keep myself busy (as can everyone these days). We are too busy for a date, friends weekend or a night to ourselves. We are too busy to sit because there are chores to be had, a business to run, love-handles to get rid of (aka work-out). I look at myself and see the moments I am not cherishing.

My resolution this year was to be content and it is more of a struggle than I prepared for. How can I be content when I am always looking for the next big thing? How can I be content with the now when the future is looming? Contentment has now become mandatory because when I think of the yesterdays and don't remember them. I don't remember the little things that make up the big. I don't remember the moments that amount to truly living.

"Once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed how much more life she had time for."

No comments:

Post a Comment