Wednesday, July 27, 2016

savor the small moments



What is that saying? You don't know what you have until it is gone. I think the saying should be... You don't know how precious the moments are until they are gone.

Having little Miss Mary Tilman has not been without life-changing moments. Those moments you think I will never sleep in again or I will never have that skinny mini bod I had on my honeymoon. Those moments you think, will I ever get to use the bathroom alone or will I ever get the Paw Patrol song out of my head. But those moments pass way too quickly. 

Little Miss is turning two in a month and I feel like the waterworks are starting. I don't remember that little bitty newborn or that crawling infant. We have full on conversations now and her one-liners make me laugh, but I yearn for the long days back. I yearn for those three months I never left her side. I yearn for those memories back. Those fleeting memories are a distant past.

My baby (my toddler) my how each day is long but the years are oh so short.

No comments:

Post a Comment