Tuesday, January 3, 2017

moments.

I rarely look in the past. Yes I reflect but I am always looking forward.

What will I eat for lunch? What will our next vacation be? What will our next big "life thing" be? What is to come? 

I am always looking into the future and thinking. Thinking about the what-ifs and not the right nows.

As simple as it is, my new mantra is to live in the moment. Live in the now and embrace the present.


I want to remember the hilarious one-liners my toddler is saying. I want to be able to play without worrying about the next household chore. I want to go on a date night with my husband without thinking of the next item on my to-do list.  I want to appreciate vacations, not thinking about where next.

While it sounds simple I think with social media and life today, this is a hard accomplishment that few conquer. It will take sacrifices and less me-time but I will be richer in memories. If you take all of life's luxuries away, aren't you only left with the memories you made?

My other 2016 goals are also carryovers to this year. Scratch that, not goals but a new way of living in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment