Tuesday, March 14, 2017

South's Best

Southern Living just released their South's Best list and it has great old and new favorites taking part!


Best Small Town
Beaufort is #1 and I could not agree more. After visiting last September, it is one of my new favorite places, perfect for a girl's getaway or a romantic retreat. The laidback vibe makes it the perfect escape.

Best Restaurants
The sad part of this list is I have not eaten at the Atlanta location but I have for two others! Hominy Grill in Charleston could be one of the best brunches I have ever had and Highlands in Birmingham is always a great meal. Saying that, this list contains several other must-try spots in my future.

Best Hotels
The only Alabama property is a beautiful restoration to the Battle House's glory. There are other great places I am eager to visit like the Jekyll Island Club Hotel.

Best Islands
I love everything about Florida's Emerald Coast but there is something idyllic about South Carolina and Georgia's coastal island towns. Having never been to Hilton Head or Jekyll, I would love to cross those off my list.

Best Breweries
If you are an avid beer drinker and never been to Asheville then you are missing out. No wonder the Wicked Weed was #1 on the list.

Thanks Southern Living for adding to my ever-long travel list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment